Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection

Friday, June 11, 2010

BIRD ID

I am posting a picture of the latest obvious recruit to my Bird Empire.  I mean seriously, feed them and they will show up.  Below there is the photo of the bird I need ID'ed plus a couple of shots of my new seagrass roosting pockets that I put up hoping to draw a couple of families of small birds.  Interpret that as:  PLEASE COME HOME, HUMMERS!  I have seen one hummingbird all season so far here, so if you see my hummers, please tell them I've put up new digs for them to roost in, if not this year, then check them out and I'll reserve them for next spring!  

This bird might be a chickadee, I'm not sure.  It is a tiny bird with a small tuft and a VERY loud song.  I can't believe such a huge noise comes out of that little bird.



2 comments:

  1. I know nothing about birds except that I like watching them. I remember I had goldfinches in the spring and the male's song was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recognize this guy...must be one of those Eastern birds. :) Does he have a ring around his eye?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for me!